- Scientific Blogger 2016-Present
A science blog focusing on WNK signaling and biology, but also extending to kinases and cell biology in general. Blog may also discuss science education, policy, and issues in scientific research. All opinions are my own.
- Freelance Science/Medical Writer 2016-Present
- "New Parkinson's Target Discovered on a Lark", Published by ASCB Post on 03/01/2016
- "Run for Your Life: Exercise Protects Against Cancer", Published on ASCB Post on 03/31/2016
This article was highlight with a press release by ASCB on 04/07/2016
- "Could GMO Xenotransplants Break the Donor Bottleneck?", Published by ASCB Post-Cell News
- Freelance Science/Medical Editor 2016-Present
Edit and revise manuscripts for publication, working mainly with non-native English speakers.
- Contributing Editor, Journal of Postdoctoral Research 2015
- COMPASS Points Blog, American Society of Cell Biology
As a founding member of ASCB's Committee for Postdocs and Students (COMPASS), I was central in the initiation of the COMPASS Points Blog, a weekly blog that discusses topics related to science education, policy, and other topics that impact graduate students and postdocs. As a co-chair (2014) and then chair (2015) of the Communications subcommittee responsible for the blog, I expanded the reach of the blog by organizing an annual science writing contest, as well as started a collaborative interaction with the National Postdoc Association through which their members contributed articles as well as advertised the blog, increasing our readership. My duties with regards the blog have been to recruit authors, edit articles, maintain the continuous, weekly publication of the blog, contributing articles, and increasing the readership and reach of the blog through social media and direct contacts.
- Co-chair and organizer of the blog 2014-2015
- Contributor 2013-2015
Hashem A. Dbouk, PhD
Medical Writer at BIONYC
(a Division of BGB Group)